Our Main Purpose
READiscover Literacy offers a reading recovery program to students of all ages that struggle with word decoding, comprehension, vocabulary and spelling. Working individually with those with Dyslexia, Reading Lag, ADD, and Irlen Syndrome offered in-office or via webcam.
READiscover Literacy teaches individuals using a visual-spatial technique providing permanent results. Confidence and self-esteem are two of the most significant impacts of this program. Once reached they allow students to see their potential and learning becomes quicker and smoother. Reading levels have been known to improve by an average of two to four levels.
Every struggling reader should be given the opportunity to be taught the way they learn so that they can excel.
READiscover Literacy is associated with a Certified Irlen Screener who can diagnose Irlen Syndrome. The first Certified Screener in the Pembina Valley.
- Randomly guessing words when reading
- Leaving or adding endings of words
- Cannot link letter names with sounds
- Inverting the order of words like enemy and emeny
- Rote Memorization
- Stuttering in speech
- Mispronouncing words, poor articulation
- Difficulties finding the right word to say
- Unable to comprehend what is read
- Genetically passed on
- Excellent with oral tests, but struggles with written tests
- Slow reading, words omitted from sentences